On Saturday the 4th of March our Spanish department attended with 23 students (actors, script-writers and helpers) of Spanish to take part in the Hispanic Culture Festival 23, which was held this year on-site, thanks to the lift of Covid restrictions in Hong Kong (finally!), at Nord Anglia International School.
We departed from LTPSS at 9:00 and arrived at the festival soon before 9:20. The show started at 9:30 with performances from Spanish students of all co-organizing schools, which were:
- Nord Anglia International School
- International College HK
- YMCA of Hong Kong Christian College
- Creative Secondary School
- Law Ting Pong Secondary School
At around 10:45 our students started their drama play Vamos Campeón, which tells the spirit of achievement of Juan, a famous BMX freestyle rider, whose bike breaks down before an important show and therefore, he has to improvise by using a ridiculously tiny bike. The play ended with a live music performance cover of La Cucaracha, with modified lyrics in-line with the story.
Everybody at the festival congratulated our students for their outstanding performance. Therefore, the Spanish department we would like to thank:
- Paul MARRIOT and Campus Media for covering the event and, especially, our students show.
- Our students:
- Shane KAM (1A)
- Herman FU (2M)
- Renee LEE (2M)
- Tomi HO (2T)
- Aiden NG (2S)
- Simone PANNU (2S)
- Jack GARDINER (2A)
- Bethany WONG (2T)
- Mandy LAM (3R)
- Sarah BURGE (3T)
- Vanshika PAREKH (3T)
- Kevin HOU (3T)
- Moeen PETRENKO (3T)
- Jazzara PELARDO (3S)
- Hashanbir SINGH (3S)
- Oscar LEE (3S)
- Angela LUZANO (4S)
- Sadie GARDINER (5S)
- Last but not least, our Performing Arts Department, which over these years has contributed significantly to developing our students’ acting skills, building a strong foundation for them, and so, making our job much easier in order to prepare them for the festival!
Kindly congratulate our students if you see them around the campus.
You can watch their performance by clicking on the links below:
¡ Vamos Campeón ! (Part 1: Drama Performance)