Rationale of Extra-curricular Activities (ECA) in LTPSS
- Extra-curricular Activities (ECA) take care of the students’ different developmental needs such as their sense of moral values and attitudes, skills and creativity. Through their participation in ECA, students can learn to communicate, to cooperate with other people and in addition to enrich their life experience. If students are given the opportunities to organize ECA, they will gain first-hand experience of programme planning and leadership, thus enabling themselves to discover and develop their potential.
Aims of Extra-curricular Activities (ECA) in LTPSS
- Reinforcing classroom learning and allowing students to put their knowledge and skills into practice;
- Facilitating the teaching of certain skills and the inculcation of certain values which may present difficulties in a formal classroom setting;
- Promoting students’ personal development by broadening their interests, developing their potential and providing opportunities for character formation and leadership training;
- Promoting students’ social development by offering opportunities for the broadening of their social experiences, the practice of social skills and the internationalization of moral and social values; and
- Making school life more challenging and interesting.
- All S1 – S3 MUST choose one ECA, ECA are including school teams, service teams, uniform teams and interest class.
- Students who obtain satisfactory academic performance, can choose 2-3 ECA.
ECA Summary ListECA summary list 2021-2022_29Sep2021