Rationale of ECA
Extra-curricular Activities (ECA) take care of the students’ different developmental needs such as their sense of moral values and attitudes, skills and creativity. Through their participation in ECA, students can learn to communicate, to cooperate with other people and in addition to enrich their life experience. If students are given the opportunities to organize ECA, they will gain first-hand experience of programme planning and leadership, thus enabling themselves to discover and develop their potential.
Aims of ECA
- Reinforcing classroom learning and allowing students to put their knowledge and skills into practice;
- Facilitating the teaching of certain skills and the inculcation of certain values which may present difficulties in a formal classroom setting;
- Promoting students’ personal development by broadening their interests, developing their potential and providing opportunities for character formation and leadership training;
- Promoting students’ social development by offering opportunities for the broadening of their social experiences, the practice of social skills and the internationalization of moral and social values; and
- Making school life more challenging and interesting.
- All S1 – S3 MUST choose at least one ECA to take part in. ECA includes academic and aesthetic teams, sports teams, music teams, uniform groups and interest classes.
- Students who can keep a good balance between academic and non-academic development can choose 2-3 ECA.
ECA Summary ListECA summary list 2022-2023